The Government of Canada has announced several measures for businesses that have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Access to Credit:
- Establishing a Business Credit Availability Program
- Offering a guarantee on loans
- The New Canada Emergency Business Account
- A New Loan Guarantee for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- A new Co-Lending Program for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
Support for Farmer:
Supporting Financial Stability:
- Launching an Insured Mortgage Purchase Program
- Bank of Canada Actions
- Lowering the Domestic Stability Buffer
Companies and researchers with drugs, medical devices, or natural health products that may be effective in treating or diagnosing COVID-19 are encouraged to contact Health Canada to facilitate clinical trials.
Clinical trials are studies to find out whether a drug or medical device is safe and effective for people. The Government can authorize a clinical trial quickly in urgent situations.